Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you have imagined.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Holy Typo. Sorry about the last post...guess i was in a hurry haha

So, from cesky krumlov (by FAR my favorite place ever) i was going to go to budapest BUT me and 4 scottish girls from my hostel caught the wrong train and ended up back in prague....SO i decided to go to vienna instead because it was closer and there was a hostel available. >I got off the train, it was raining like hell and getting dark, so why not catch a tram in the wrong direction?? after 3 stops i realized i was going the wrong way and had to go 13 stops in the other direction. i finally found the hostel and went up to my room. the lights were off and there was a silhouette (sp??) of a man on the far bed. i said, "hello??" and turned on the lights. the guy jumped out of his bed, he had no shirt on and had broken english. I held back my laughter as he said really fast, "oh, excuse me, sorry, what is your name?" i said "emilee, what is y..." then he cut me off and quickly asked if i wanted to go and get lunch. he meant dinner but thats the language barrier at its finest. I was taken aback by the whole situation and said no thanks and left the room. I found an internet cafe then made a friend (sarah from london) and we went and got some sushi then i went to bed.

Vienna is beautiful. I walked around for hours, got a heavy dose of the underground system, saw the hofburg palace, took in the albertina museum, ate a weiner schnitzel for lunch and sipped on kaffe and ate a topfenstrudel at a quaint shabby-chic cafe. My time in vienna was spent well and i enjoyed it immensely.

I left vienna for salzburg, austria, where i am now but the weather hasnt been the best, but hopefully tomorrow i will take in a sound of music tour or perhaps go to some ice caves...it depends on the weather:)

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Travis & Nicole said...

Memilee!

Wow, what a life. Let's see, today you probably met people from 5+ countries and ate lunch in an 800-year old building. Travis and I stared at computer screens and ate work cafeteria food and wished we were with you instead. Glad you loved the Czech Republic- it is mega-high on our list, so we'll need your expert advice when we go.
Much love! N&T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home