Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you have imagined.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Some of you may have heard rumors that I have graduated. It's true. I am a college grad. In order to accomodate my lack of enthusiasm for joining the likes of fellow bachelor degree holders and become employed, I bought a ticket to Europe, became a self-proclaimed miser in order to save money and have recently renewed my passport. Don't worry though, I have found a safe place for my degree and it will be there when I get back. I have been making my preparations for my European adventure everyday and this is my (tentative) schedule so far:

I leave July 2, stay with Tonya until she gets hitched in Vilnius, Lithuania on July 28. I will then move on to conquer Eastern Europe for 3 weeks on my own. I will first travel to Warsaw, Poland then move on to Krakow. While there I will visit Auschwitz, Warwel castle and the sights of the city itself. If I decide to stick to my plans I will then move onto Budapest, Hungary then to Vienna, Austria and then to Prague, Czech republic. I will finish up this portion of my travels in Munich, Germany.

For the next month (starting August 19) I will have a trusty travel companion, Peter Thomas, hailing from Phoenix, AZ and we will travel from Germany through Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain, the UK, Belgium, the Netherlands and back to Frankfurt. Pete will go back to the desert September 14.....and as for me.....?????

I havent decided yet when I will return. It depends on family, $$$, soccer opportunities and my burning urge to attend Oktoberfest.

4 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Day 1:

Em,

You are now halfway to Poland! I am so proud of you for making your dream come true.

Enjoy every minute of this exciting journey, you are the one that made it happen but most of all, you are the one who deserves all the happiness and excitement life can bring.

Be safe, be happy...be you!
I love you, Mom

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Travis & Nicole said...

Hi Pal.

Oh sirni michi, you're in Belarus!
Hope you are well and full of strange processed meats and tasty candy. And say hello to our nasarogi for me.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are a brave woman Emilee Ashby! The sheer thought of being naked in a swarm of skinny Belarusians makes me want to run for my sweats! Have a great time and be safe! I look forward to more entertaining posts, as I know you have mereley scratched the surface of what's to come.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Emmers!!
awwww!!! i miss you! love the blog, i feel so inspired!( not about the nakies thing) but to pursue my dreams. You're an amazing person. We miss you over here! have fun and be safe!
love the pics by the way.
peace,luv n happiness.
danielle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home