Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you have imagined.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Krakow was amazing...and I was sad to leave. The culture and overall feeling I got there was unforgettable. I felt safe and at home the entire time I was there. Chris and I left the the evening of our third day in Krakow and went on to Prague.

Prague is huge. Well, at least compared to Krakow. It took us a metro ride, a tram ride and a few blocks walk and we were at our hostel. No problem. We walked around the city, took a few tram rides, saw the main square, old town the charles bridge and much more.

We ended up meeting some guys from England at our hostel and we went out with them that night to a 5story club near the charles bridge. We danced to techno, rap and the grease soundtrack until 5am. What a night.

We also visited the Prague Castle that overlooks the entire city. It is a huge gothic castle that has the best gargoyles I have ever seen. There were dragon gargoyles, scary beast looking gargoyles and even some sort of ghost looking garlgoyles. If I was trying to take over that castle, I would definately run in the opposite direction at the sight of those. Definately freaky.

Another freaky thing we saw was a church decorated with 40,000 human skeletons. Monks decided to decorate this church with the remains of the persons killed by a plague in Kutna Hora a few hundred years ago. It was awesome.

Prague was definatley a fun time, but I was happy to move onto a smaller town. I am now in Cesky Krumlov in South Bohemia in the Czech Republic. It is like a mini-Prague that has a huge castle overlooking the town and river flowing through it. It is rich in culture and I really good photo opps. My hostel in Hostel Skippy. The people there are great. i was greeted by a nice hippy lady and she showed me around the small hostel. It overlooked the river and you can sit on the deck, read, relax and watch the river rafters and kayakers below.

There are 4 guys from Ireland in my room and we are rafting the river tomorrow. I cant wait. I will let ya know how it goes and hopefully upload pics soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home